Lost, Found, or Injured
If you have lost an animal please contact us at the shelter. Animals that come in do not immediately go on our website to be available for adoption. If you call in or stop by we will be able to tell you if your pet was brought to us or if we have heard from anyone in the community that has found an animal.
If you have found an animal please bring them into the shelter and we will care for them until they are reclaimed by their owner.
Click here to use our Assistance Form if you would like to report a lost / found animal, or an injured animal.
Surrender an Animal
If you need to surrender your animal(s) please contact us at the shelter. We are an open-admission shelter for Queen Anne’s County residents and will take in your animal(s). Please bring in as much information about the animal(s) as possible including, vet records/ vaccination history, licensing, and personality descriptions.
Microchipping is now available for any pet in Queen Anne’s County. Bring your pet in for a microchip today!
FREE Spay/Neuter Services
Animal Welfare League of Queen Anne’s County, through a grant from the
Maryland Department of Agriculture, is now offering FREE Spay/Neuter services to qualifying
Queen Anne’s County residents’ pets.
This service will only be available from January - December 2016
or as long as grant money is available.
Please contact AWLQAC or stop by for more information about picking up
and application and seeing how you can qualify for the program.
Click here to download the application
Any questions, feel free to contact the shelter via email email@example.com or by phone (410) 827-7178.
TOP TEN REASONS TO SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET
- Your female pet will live a longer, healthier life.
- There are major health benefits for your male pet too.
- Your spayed female won’t go into heat.
- You male pet won’t feel the need to roam and
- He will be much better behaved.
- Spaying or neutering will not make your pet fat.
- Spaying or neutering is highly cost effective.
- It’s good for the community.
- Your pet doesn’t need to have a litter for your
children to experience the miracle of life!
- It is the best way to reduce the homeless pet problem.
Don’t Want A Litter, Let Us Fix Your Critter!